Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hair Angst

Am I the only lady out there unhappy with their hair.  I am in a constant state hair angst.  I have had a recent experience to see my hair through the ages and in all of them I had bad hair :(
I had a super cute short do that I loved!  No combing, no drying, just a little goo and off I went.  My husband on the other hand hated it, and I know I should so what I want with my hair. I am married to the man and I do want him to find me attractive.  SO I am in the growing out stage. YUCK!
I had long hair too.  The kind that is always put up in a bun and wasn't let out too many times.  I have a picture of said hair free flowing and it was beautiful.  I miss it too.  I have to say having the two extremes both made made me feel like a powerful woman sure of herself.  But can a bad hair cut take that away from you? YES, it can.  It can make you feel ugly, self conscious and way out of your comfort zone.
My hair inspiration seems to come from men.  Have you see Shaun White lately?  All that beautiful red hair.  I would like to proclaim his hair is wasted on him, but I feel this is incorrect.  It takes a man to be comfortable with his hair.  Not to cut, high light, low light, add feathers, and other hair misdemeanors is a completely man thing.  A woman would only ruin the beauty that is Shaun White's red hair. Thanks to Shaun I have been inspired to continue in the wait for hair growth.
I will go see Shannon (my hair stylist) in November.  I am excited to see her its been since July. I will get to here about her new baby and how her son has adjusted to his baby sister.  But its just from a trim and a thin. Mr. White thanks for that beautiful hair.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite hairdo of yours was when we first met (summer of 03 or 04...?) You weren't living with Luke yet. It was short-ish, but a little longer than you have it now. I thought you were the cutest thing ever. I'm so glad we ended up being buds!

    PS. Me and my hair are WAY out of sync right now... I'm not sure what would make me happy aside from a personal stylist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. carrie- i so feel your pain- hate my hair & my body too. i guess it doesn't help that i go to a beauty school for haircuts & eat my midnight snacks!
    anyways- i think you always look beautiful- no matter what hair style you have - really!

    ReplyDelete